Subcontract Audit Analyst
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Posted on: December 22, 2019
- Requisition ID: 227440
- Position Title: Subcontract Audit Analyst
- Project: WTP
- Location: Richland, WA
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background
check and physicalBechtel is designing, construction and
commissioning the worlds largest radioactive waste treatment plant
for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in
southeastern Washington state. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and
Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process
and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive
and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct
of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War
era.The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of
DOEs most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its
construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear
facilities Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification,
High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory as well as
operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support
facilities.Positions located at the Construction site (22 miles
north of Richland) are on a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 am to 5:00
pm. Richland, WA in town offices are on a 9-80s schedule, M-F 7:00
am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off. Extended hours as
needed.Role Overview:Assists in daily activities of the WTP
Subcontractor Audit Program, including the oversight of assigned
subcontractor cost audits performed by third-party audit
firms.Principal Responsibilities:1. Assist with coordination of
routine cost audits of subcontractors which have flexibly priced
components. Coordinates the audit activities within established
time frames as assigned.2. Assist with overseeing technical
direction of third-party audit firms performing audits on behalf of
the project.3. Assist with review of incurred cost submissions to
ensure compliance with FAR Part 52.216-7 (d) Allowable Cost and
Payment .4. Review or prepare subcontractor invoice logs by
subcontract and cost category.5. Assist with development,
execution, and adjusting, as necessary, the annual audit plan.6.
Assist with update to position specific policies, procedures and
desk guides.7. Completes the assigned subcontractor audit task by:
- Preparing the Statement of Work and Technical Requirements for
cost audits performed by third-party audit firms, including
obtaining and assembling attachments.
- Attending kick-off meetings and other audit related
- Tracking communications and correspondences with subcontractors
and third-party audit firms performing the audits.
- Review of deliverables (audit plan, audit reports, audit
workpapers) to ensure audit was performed in accordance with
Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards and compliant to
Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards
(CAS), Department of Energy Acquisitions Regulations (DEAR) and
subcontract terms and conditions.
- Communicating the results of the audit to internal and external
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Auditing, Finance,
Project Management or similar field from an accredited university
and 1 year of progressive applicable experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or equivalent and 7
years of progressive applicable experience.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen,
physical (if located at the construction site), and background
check which includes verification of employmentand education.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access
to the Hanford Site.
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without
- Proficiency in several audit disciplines such as Accounting,
Procurement, etc. gained through a combination of professional work
experience and/or education in auditing or related fields.
- Practical understanding, gained through professional work
experience, of the administrative control systems used by the
- Demonstrated working knowledge of contract types, terms and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
System, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and
Supplements, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Department of Energy
Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), and Generally Accepted Government Audit
- Basic knowledge of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of
applicable clauses and requirements for applicability to
subcontractor cost audits.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the audit, analysis and the
application of FAR and other regulations and how these regulations
are enforced by sponsoring clients and their audit or oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written
and oral communications.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor
(CIA) or similar certification.Shaping tomorrow together!Bechtel is
among the most respected engineering, project management, and
construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability
to get the job done rightno matter how big, how complex, or how
remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that
specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security
and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding
in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160
countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues
team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in
nearly 40 countries.Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Bechtel Corporation, Richland , Subcontract Audit Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Richland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!